Effective Date: August 16, 2023
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Transfer of Information to the United States
- Collection of Personal Information
- Information Provided by You
- Information Automatically Collected
- Information from Other Parties
- Aggregate Information
- Sources of Personal Information
- Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- Protection of Personal Information
- Third-Party Information Collection
- Do Not Track
- Links to Third-Party Websites
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Consent and Changes to the Policy
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES
This Site is controlled, operated, and administered by OPA from its offices within the United States and is intended to serve individuals interested in services from or employment with OPA in the United States. If you are accessing this Site from a location outside the United States, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your Personal Information to our facilities in the United States and to any other parties with whom OPA share it as described in this Policy. Please note that privacy laws in the United States may not offer the same protections as the laws of other countries. Without limiting the above, for the avoidance of doubt we do not have an establishment or target people in the EEA or UK.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Through your use of the Site or when you contact us to inquire about or apply for services online (collectively, “Interactions”), OPA may collect “Personal Information,” which is any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. OPA may collect Personal Information:
Information Provided by You
OPA collects the Personal Information that you provide to us.
- If you choose to communicate with us, such as to learn more about our services or seek customer service, OPA will collect any Personal Information that you provide in correspondence or communications, such as your full name, telephone number, and email address.
- If you submit content to us on our Site, through our social media pages, or otherwise, OPA will collect any Personal Information that you provide to us through surveys, comments, feedback, posts, or any other content submitted.
- If you create an online account with us, we collect information we need to maintain that account, such as your account credentials.
- If you invest or donate money, we collect information we need to process those transactions, including your name, contact information, and transaction amount, and payment card information.
- If you are a current or prospective borrower, OPA collects information as part of your application and, if applicable, in the course of your loan, such as your name; current or prior address(es); contact information, such as your telephone number or email address; date of birth; government identifiers (e.g., Social Security number or other national identification number); date of birth; citizenship status; gender; race/ethnicity; citizenship status; income; whether you are a veteran; financial account information; and payment
- If you seek or obtain services in our Hubs or Products & Services Directory OPA may collect information about the services you are seeking and any information that you provide in order to for us to facilitate you receiving those services
- If you apply for employment with us through the Site, OPA collects information associated with your application, such as your contact information and resume.
Information Automatically Collected
OPA may automatically collect the following types of information when you use the Site, which is not Personal Information:
- Usage Information: We collect certain information automatically through your use of the Site, such as your Internet Protocol address, which pages of the Site that you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on the Site.
- Location Information: We may collect information about your location which may be determined from your IP address.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the device you are using to access the Site, such as your unique device identifier and serial number, hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, and other device attributes.
- Mobile Device Information: In addition to the Device Information listed above, when you access the Site via a browser on your mobile device, we may also collect mobile network information, such as the unique device identifier assigned to that device, mobile carrier, operating system, and other device attributes.
Information from Other Parties
OPA may also collect information from other parties, such as identity and Office of Foreign Assets Control verification services.
OPA may collect statistical or aggregated information that does not directly identify a specific person but is derived from your Personal Information. For example, OPA may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of Site visitors in a particular ZIP code. To the extent any non-Personal Information is aggregated with Personal Information, we will treat the aggregated data as Personal Information.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the Personal Information that we collect for the following purposes:
In connection with the loan application or employment application process, such as determining your eligibility for financing for a loan or suitability for employment, confirming your identity, or completing the loan process.
- To provide services that you request or fulfill our contractual obligations to you, such as completing transactions on the Site.
- To communicate with you, such as notifying you about updates to the Site or your loan or employment application.
- For marketing or promotional purposes, such as informing you of special promotions or offering you additional products or services that may be of interest to you.
- For specific purposes for which you provide consent, such as if you consent to fill out surveys regarding products and services provided by us, our affiliates, or partners.
- To provide customer service or technical support, such as contacting you in response to your inquiries, comments and suggestions or when otherwise necessary.
- To debug, maintain, and improve our services, such as tracking use of the Site for internal market research or Site improvement.
- To protect the OPA, its employees, or others, such as to detect security incidents or protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activities.
- For our legitimate business purposes, including to fulfill our compliance obligations.
We may disclose Personal Information for the following purposes:
- With our service providers or independent contractors: We may share information with other parties that help us perform functions and process your transactions.
- Within our corporate family: We may share information with our affiliates, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us, to the extent permitted by law.
- If there is a change in corporate structure: We may share information in connection with a proposed or actual merger, acquisition, consolidation, change of control, or sale of all or a portion of our business or property or if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation.
- To prevent harm: We may share information if we believe it is necessary in order to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
- For legal purposes: We will share information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process; to establish, protect or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims or demands; or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- For legitimate business purposes: OPA reserves the right to share information with other parties for our legitimate business purposes, to the extent permitted by law.
- With your consent: We may request your permission to share your Personal Information for a specific purpose. OPA will notify you and request consent before you provide the Personal Information or before the Personal Information you have already provided is shared for such purpose.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We maintain reasonable physical, technical and administrative security measures to protect and limit access to your Personal Information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
OPA may, directly or through our third-party service providers, collect information through “cookies.” Cookies are small strings of text sent by our Site to your browser and then stored by your browser on your device’s hard drive. Cookies help us understand how you use our Site and other linked sites so that we can personalize and improve your experience on our Site. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may change your browser settings, so it won’t accept cookies. In order to create a profile on our Site, you must have your cookies turned on.
THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION COLLECTION
DO NOT TRACK
The Site does not currently respond to Do Not Track signals sent by web browsers.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Our Site may offer links to other websites operated by third parties for your convenience. Such third-party websites may have information, policies, and practices different from our Site. OPA does not control and is not responsible for the privacy policies, practices and/or content of such third-party websites. Please contact such third-party websites directly for information regarding such websites.
The Site is not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under 18 years of age. In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act, if you become aware that your child or any child under your care that is under the age of 13 has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at 617-404-9797.
By providing us with your email address, you consent to our contacting you by email to provide you with information relating to your inquiry. You may opt out of receiving future email messages from us by clicking on the link in our emails with instructions on how to remove yourself from our email list. Please note that even if you opt-out, you may still receive certain email from us related to the products and services you obtain from us.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
We reserve the right, at any time, to make changes to this Policy. Please check this page periodically for the most recent version of this Policy. Unless otherwise stated, any changes will be effective immediately upon posting to the Site. Your continued use of this Site after any changes have been made will constitute acceptance of the revised Policy.
Should you have other questions or concerns about this Policy, please send us an email at supportOPA@onepercentforamerica.org.