Borrow Toward Your Future
Apply for a 1% immigration loan to cover your USCIS application fees today
At One Percent for America (OPA), our mission is to finance pathways to US citizenship through straightforward 1% interest loans for immigrants seeking US citizenship. We’re committed to alleviating the financial barriers of US citizenship not just because we believe it’s better for our country, but because over two centuries of the American immigrant story — including your own hard work and determination — have proven it is.
Applying for your 1% immigration loan is easy. Watch our step-by-step video in English above or in Spanish.
Who is eligible for our 1% loans?
OPA provides 1% loans to cover the USCIS application fees for qualified noncitizen residents with the following statuses and needs:
- Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs)/Green Card Holders seeking to apply for U.S. citizenship
- Green Card first time applicants and renewals
- DACA (Dreamers) first time applicants and those seeking renewal
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS) first time applicants and those seeking renewal
Residents of the following states are not currently eligible for One Percent for America loan; Arizona, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
Please check back as this will change soon.
What are the benefits of the OPA 1% immigration loan?
Our low-interest loans come with:
- No credit requirements
- No late or hidden fees
- Monthly repayment schedule
- Dedicated community support
Loans can be used for the following applications
How does it work?
OPA makes it easy to apply for our 1% interest loan online. Upon approval, we will issue you a check for your loan funds made payable to the US Department of Homeland Security
- Once your loan is approved, it should take approximately 10 business days for you to receive your check in the amount of your loan, via USPS to the address you listed on your application.
- This check can only be used for your USCIS application fees.
- You will then mail this check along with your completed USCIS forms to the USCIS.
Please Note: This check cannot be used for any other purpose. You cannot cash this check; it must be mailed directly to USCIS with your paper application. It cannot be used for online applications. Any misuse of this check, whether deposited or attempted to be used online, constitutes as check fraud and will cause a loan to be reported and canceled.
- Your monthly payments will automatically be withdrawn from the bank account you provided on 15th of each month.
- Your loan must be repaid within one year.
Information you will need
Please have the following available when you begin the application:
- Mobile phone number
- Bank account number
- Bank routing number
- Social Security# or ITIN#
- The exact total of your application fees